Eclipse's very own Wayne Beaton had created a sudoku game Eclipse RCP application. Why? You may wonder. Well, he had his reasons. As it goes with all the good software, the little sudoku application has grown to be something different. Recently, eRCP project have received the sudoku application. Thanks to the contribution of Remy Suen, you can now enjoy an eRCP flavored sudoku on your phone. Installing it to your phone is easy via eRCP update manager. Add http://www.eclipse.org/ercp as an eclipse update site on your phone and the update manager will guide you for the rest.
Sep 20, 2007
Members of a project team inside Nokia asked for a beginner's info kit for eSWT. It ended up to be a list worth sharing.
- The main reference is the eSWT API specification downloadable from eclipse.org
- The premier for eSWT use with midlets with code example
- Online presentation by Ben Galbraith about the basics of SWT, most of the content applies to eSWT
- A premier about SWT resource management which applies to eSWT
- SWT document that explains layout managers which are the same in eSWT
- eRCP newsgroup for asking questions
- eRCP web site in the eclipse.org is a good starting point
And let's not forget SWT book which largely applies to eSWT.
Sep 10, 2007
I believe, this will be one of the pioneering commercial deployments of the eclipse technology and it is likely that others in the industry will follow.
Over the last 2 years, implementing eSWT had been a wonderful learning experience. I and the rest of the team in Nokia have enjoyed working with eclipse technology. I hope you enjoy using eclipse technology in your next mobile phone.